Claire created a love of reading in her pupils by giving them ownership of their reading spaces. By finding books to suit their interests, the pupils enjoyed reading so much they chose it as their class treat. See Claire's story unfold.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- Looking on the bright side – the positives of teaching in lockdown 20 May 2020
- The power of a thank you 20 May 2020
- Why looking after our mental health has never been more important for teachers 19 May 2020
- The challenges of delivering remote education 19 May 2020
- Leading in uncertain times – managing the COVID-19 response as a headteacher 19 May 2020