I’m excited to explore how my National Professional Qualification will directly impact my day-to-day practice. Discovering new strategies to combat truancy, low-level disruption, backchatting or even aggressive behaviour are always welcome in the classroom. I'm also aiming to become Head of Year so look forward to the opportunity to develop my career further through the NPQLBC.
Hassnain Mahay is a biology teacher and Associate Deputy Head of Year at Greenford High School.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- ‘The P Word’ – Reducing the stigma of periods across our college 22 November 2022
- How does it feel to be an award-winning teacher? 21 November 2022
- Create a flexible tutoring model to maximise the academic impact of tuition 16 November 2022
- Taking a proactive approach to preventing and responding to bullying 14 November 2022
- Supporting pupil’s learning and development through engagement with nature 11 November 2022