I’m excited to explore how my National Professional Qualification will directly impact my day-to-day practice. Discovering new strategies to combat truancy, low-level disruption, backchatting or even aggressive behaviour are always welcome in the classroom. I'm also aiming to become Head of Year so look forward to the opportunity to develop my career further through the NPQLBC.
Hassnain Mahay is a biology teacher and Associate Deputy Head of Year at Greenford High School.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- Becoming an Academic Mentor: making a difference to pupils’ education most impacted by the pandemic 7 December 2021
- Celebrating excellence in education and recognising the amazing work of teachers 23 November 2021
- Developing my career and improving my practice with a leadership NPQ 18 November 2021
- The four key ways we’re supporting staff wellbeing 17 November 2021
- Developing a whole school approach to tackle bullying 15 November 2021