Starting in your first few months as a new teacher, can be a simultaneously exciting and daunting experience. Jason Beerjeraz, a primary school teacher at a school in Colchester and recent NQT, provides some first hand advice for how best to thrive in your first year as a teacher.
Jason Beerjeraz is a primary school teacher at Monkwick Junior School in Colchester.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- How we’re striving to get more girls into computing 11 February 2024
- Inspiring and enabling pupil and learner voice 5 February 2024
- Use the National Tutoring Programme to prepare your pupils for exams 29 January 2024
- Our school’s behaviour strategy 18 January 2024
- Flexible working in our school 14 December 2023