Starting in your first few months as a new teacher, can be a simultaneously exciting and daunting experience. Jason Beerjeraz, a primary school teacher at a school in Colchester and recent NQT, provides some first hand advice for how best to thrive in your first year as a teacher.
Jason Beerjeraz is a primary school teacher at Monkwick Junior School in Colchester.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- Early Career Framework reforms – why we’ve signed up 18 September 2020
- "It is so important that teachers realise how important they are" – celebrating the Teaching Awards 17 September 2020
- Raring to go after local lockdown 11 September 2020
- Back to school – what’s the first week been like? 7 September 2020
- The benefits of edtech: using a combined approach to improve teaching quality 2 September 2020