Last year, the year I retired from Headship at Queensmill School in London, we were lucky enough to win the Pupil Premium Award (PPA). There must be an element of luck, for how could we know whether or not another …
Jude has recently retired as head teacher at Queensmill School, which won the Special Schools and Alternative Provision category in the 2015 Pupil Premium Awards. Jude trained and qualified as a teacher of children with special needs and has been head teacher of four special schools. Her last school, Queensmill in Hammersmith and Fulham, caters for children and young people with autism from the ages of 2 – 19 and was judged as ‘outstanding’ in the last three Ofsted inspections.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- ‘Maximum benefit in a straightforward way’: an Early Career Framework induction 1 March 2021
- Why I’d recommend tutoring 24 February 2021
- Keeping staff and students safe with rapid testing 12 February 2021
- Thinking beyond the pandemic in a Special Educational Needs school 12 February 2021
- “The first time he appeared smiling in a live lesson was wonderful” – supporting the most vulnerable children to learn remotely 12 February 2021