Last year, the year I retired from Headship at Queensmill School in London, we were lucky enough to win the Pupil Premium Award (PPA). There must be an element of luck, for how could we know whether or not another …
Jude has recently retired as head teacher at Queensmill School, which won the Special Schools and Alternative Provision category in the 2015 Pupil Premium Awards. Jude trained and qualified as a teacher of children with special needs and has been head teacher of four special schools. Her last school, Queensmill in Hammersmith and Fulham, caters for children and young people with autism from the ages of 2 – 19 and was judged as ‘outstanding’ in the last three Ofsted inspections.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- From classroom to computer: creating consistency throughout a remote curriculum 15 October 2020
- Wellbeing, CPD and bubbles – how we’re keeping staff safe 14 October 2020
- Physical distance but collaborative endeavour: we all have a part to play 13 October 2020
- Navigating staff wellbeing – how we’re supporting each other 9 October 2020
- Why a whole school approach to wellbeing and mental health is key 9 October 2020