Last year, the year I retired from Headship at Queensmill School in London, we were lucky enough to win the Pupil Premium Award (PPA). There must be an element of luck, for how could we know whether or not another …
Jude has recently retired as head teacher at Queensmill School, which won the Special Schools and Alternative Provision category in the 2015 Pupil Premium Awards. Jude trained and qualified as a teacher of children with special needs and has been head teacher of four special schools. Her last school, Queensmill in Hammersmith and Fulham, caters for children and young people with autism from the ages of 2 – 19 and was judged as ‘outstanding’ in the last three Ofsted inspections.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- Looking on the bright side – the positives of teaching in lockdown 20 May 2020
- The power of a thank you 20 May 2020
- Why looking after our mental health has never been more important for teachers 19 May 2020
- The challenges of delivering remote education 19 May 2020
- Leading in uncertain times – managing the COVID-19 response as a headteacher 19 May 2020