Last year, the year I retired from Headship at Queensmill School in London, we were lucky enough to win the Pupil Premium Award (PPA). There must be an element of luck, for how could we know whether or not another …
Jude has recently retired as head teacher at Queensmill School, which won the Special Schools and Alternative Provision category in the 2015 Pupil Premium Awards. Jude trained and qualified as a teacher of children with special needs and has been head teacher of four special schools. Her last school, Queensmill in Hammersmith and Fulham, caters for children and young people with autism from the ages of 2 – 19 and was judged as ‘outstanding’ in the last three Ofsted inspections.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- Supporting families and communities through the Holiday Activities and Food programme 8 August 2022
- How schools are supporting attendance ahead of the new academic year 18 July 2022
- Ensuring every student has the opportunity to look after their wellbeing 30 June 2022
- Developing a lifelong love of physical activity 27 June 2022
- From Multi Academy Trust sceptic to advocate 15 June 2022