As part of our series on newly qualified teachers, Myffy Cairns, a secondary school teacher and recent NQT shares her top tips for making the most of your first year as a teacher.
Myffy Cairns is a science teacher and recent NQT at Saffron Walden County High School in Essex.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- How we’re striving to get more girls into computing 11 February 2024
- Inspiring and enabling pupil and learner voice 5 February 2024
- Use the National Tutoring Programme to prepare your pupils for exams 29 January 2024
- Our school’s behaviour strategy 18 January 2024
- Flexible working in our school 14 December 2023