Riley, moved by the work of poet Robert Macfarlane, took her Y6 writing class outside to create poems about nature. The children created such beautiful poems, they touched the heart of the very poet who inspired them. See Riley's story unfold.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- Early Career Framework reforms – why we’ve signed up 18 September 2020
- "It is so important that teachers realise how important they are" – celebrating the Teaching Awards 17 September 2020
- Raring to go after local lockdown 11 September 2020
- Back to school – what’s the first week been like? 7 September 2020
- The benefits of edtech: using a combined approach to improve teaching quality 2 September 2020