From September 2021 all early career teachers will be entitled to two years of high-quality professional development, including the support of a mentor, as part of the Early Career Framework (ECF) reforms. Anna MacLeod, a teacher at Dyke House Academy part of the Northern Education Trust, shares her experience of this new programme of early career training and support.
Anna MacLeod is a teacher at Dyke House Academy, part of the Northern Education Trust,
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- Holiday Activities and Food (HAF): How the successful programme improved the mental health of vulnerable children 8 October 2021
- Our journey with the National Tutoring Programme (NTP) 30 September 2021
- How we’re keeping our students engaged with testing as they return to school or college 26 August 2021
- How the reception baseline assessment will be a fairer progress measure and give teachers more recognition 19 July 2021
- The lead up to results days 19 July 2021