Headteacher Dean Buckley shares how his school is supporting their pupils’ wellbeing while they learn from home through praise, such as PROUD Thursday Online events where students email their work in and receive positive, congratulatory comments and a certificate.
Dean Buckley is Principal of Kirk Balk Academy in Hoyland, part of the Northern Education Trust.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- ‘Maximum benefit in a straightforward way’: an Early Career Framework induction 1 March 2021
- Why I’d recommend tutoring 24 February 2021
- Keeping staff and students safe with rapid testing 12 February 2021
- Thinking beyond the pandemic in a Special Educational Needs school 12 February 2021
- “The first time he appeared smiling in a live lesson was wonderful” – supporting the most vulnerable children to learn remotely 12 February 2021