Headteacher Dean Buckley shares how his school is supporting their pupils’ wellbeing while they learn from home through praise, such as PROUD Thursday Online events where students email their work in and receive positive, congratulatory comments and a certificate.
Dean Buckley is Principal of Kirk Balk Academy in Hoyland, part of the Northern Education Trust.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- Embracing the ABCs of our behaviour policy 19 April 2021
- The impact of COVID-19 on digital learning 19 April 2021
- Helping primary pupils with their maths skills in a post-pandemic world 1 April 2021
- The Early Career Framework reforms – something to get excited about. 30 March 2021
- Leading through a pandemic: International Women’s Day 5 March 2021