Having said goodbye to her year 11 form at the end of the summer term, Haili writes about how much she’s looking forward to welcoming a whole new class of year 7 students to secondary school.
Haili Hughes is an English Teacher at Saddleworth School in Oldham.
Many students spend year 11 looking forward to their last weeks of school. As well as heralding the start of their GCSE examinations, there are other rites of passage that come with being a school leaver which they are far more excited about, such as leaver’s assemblies, hoodies, year books, shirt signing and of course, the all-important prom!
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- How have we tackled staff wellbeing? 19 November 2020
- ‘Something’s not right’: supporting young people through PSHE 17 November 2020
- From classroom to computer: creating consistency throughout a remote curriculum 15 October 2020
- Wellbeing, CPD and bubbles – how we’re keeping staff safe 14 October 2020
- Physical distance but collaborative endeavour: we all have a part to play 13 October 2020