Having said goodbye to her year 11 form at the end of the summer term, Haili writes about how much she’s looking forward to welcoming a whole new class of year 7 students to secondary school.
Haili Hughes is an English Teacher at Saddleworth School in Oldham.
Many students spend year 11 looking forward to their last weeks of school. As well as heralding the start of their GCSE examinations, there are other rites of passage that come with being a school leaver which they are far more excited about, such as leaver’s assemblies, hoodies, year books, shirt signing and of course, the all-important prom!
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- Embracing the ABCs of our behaviour policy 19 April 2021
- Digital learning is here to stay 19 April 2021
- Helping primary pupils with their maths skills in a post-pandemic world 1 April 2021
- The Early Career Framework reforms – something to get excited about. 30 March 2021
- Leading through a pandemic: International Women’s Day 5 March 2021