Having said goodbye to her year 11 form at the end of the summer term, Haili writes about how much she’s looking forward to welcoming a whole new class of year 7 students to secondary school.
Haili Hughes is an English Teacher at Saddleworth School in Oldham.
Many students spend year 11 looking forward to their last weeks of school. As well as heralding the start of their GCSE examinations, there are other rites of passage that come with being a school leaver which they are far more excited about, such as leaver’s assemblies, hoodies, year books, shirt signing and of course, the all-important prom!
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- Early Career Framework reforms – why we’ve signed up 18 September 2020
- "It is so important that teachers realise how important they are" – celebrating the Teaching Awards 17 September 2020
- Raring to go after local lockdown 11 September 2020
- Back to school – what’s the first week been like? 7 September 2020
- The benefits of edtech: using a combined approach to improve teaching quality 2 September 2020