Michelle Cobb, Year 6 teacher and maths lead at Underwood West Academy in Crewe describes how using the DfE’s guidance on teaching maths in primary schools has both helped her school get through the pandemic and plan for the post-pandemic future.
Michelle Cobb is a Year 6 teacher and maths lead at Underwood West Academy in Crewe and part of the leadership team at Cheshire and Wirral Maths Hub
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- Trainee teachers have really gone above and beyond this year 23 June 2021
- Six steps to successfully implementing the Early Career Framework reforms 7 June 2021
- “I now enjoy school more because of this” – how catch-up programmes are making an impact 2 June 2021
- How our pupils are benefitting from online and face-to-face tutoring 2 June 2021
- Making sure students get the grades they deserve 28 May 2021