Michelle Cobb, Year 6 teacher and maths lead at Underwood West Academy in Crewe describes how using the DfE’s guidance on teaching maths in primary schools has both helped her school get through the pandemic and plan for the post-pandemic future.
Michelle Cobb is a Year 6 teacher and maths lead at Underwood West Academy in Crewe and part of the leadership team at Cheshire and Wirral Maths Hub
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- How our school is managing teacher workload 20 September 2023
- A 360 overview of our Pupil Premium Strategy 18 September 2023
- Teaching our students the facts about tax 19 July 2023
- Pupil Premium Strategy: We prioritise understanding our pupils’ key barriers to learning 17 July 2023
- Thank you, teachers, for all of your hard work and determination! 21 June 2023