Michelle Cobb, Year 6 teacher and maths lead at Underwood West Academy in Crewe describes how using the DfE’s guidance on teaching maths in primary schools has both helped her school get through the pandemic and plan for the post-pandemic future.
Michelle Cobb is a Year 6 teacher and maths lead at Underwood West Academy in Crewe and part of the leadership team at Cheshire and Wirral Maths Hub
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- Embracing the ABCs of our behaviour policy 19 April 2021
- Digital learning is here to stay 19 April 2021
- Helping primary pupils with their maths skills in a post-pandemic world 1 April 2021
- The Early Career Framework reforms – something to get excited about. 30 March 2021
- Leading through a pandemic: International Women’s Day 5 March 2021