We asked two senior leaders to share how their schools are making sure the teacher assessed grades their students receive this summer are fair and reflect the hard work students have done in such an unusual year.
Andrew Beavis is Deputy Headteacher at Copthall School in North London.
With all children now back in classrooms, Deputy Head Andrew Beavis describes how lockdown has developed his school's blended learning approach and how their remote education model continues to support students now they're in school.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- How the reception baseline assessment will be a fairer progress measure and give teachers more recognition 19 July 2021
- The lead up to results days 19 July 2021
- How we’re keeping our students engaged with testing until the end of term and through the holidays 16 July 2021
- Engaging local families with the Holiday Activities and Food Programme this summer 15 July 2021
- Unlocking learning recovery through professional development 1 July 2021