Executive headteacher Andrew Truby writes about how teachers and school staff have risen to the challenge of the new national restrictions and shares his top tips for supporting parents who are at home with their children.
Executive Headteacher of St Wilfrid's, St Thomas of Canterbury and St Joseph's primary schools in Sheffield
Andrew Truby, executive head, pays tribute to the staff in his schools and to teachers everywhere who have stepped up during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- ‘Maximum benefit in a straightforward way’: an Early Career Framework induction 1 March 2021
- Why I’d recommend tutoring 24 February 2021
- Keeping staff and students safe with rapid testing 12 February 2021
- Thinking beyond the pandemic in a Special Educational Needs school 12 February 2021
- “The first time he appeared smiling in a live lesson was wonderful” – supporting the most vulnerable children to learn remotely 12 February 2021