Executive headteacher Andrew Truby writes about how teachers and school staff have risen to the challenge of the new national restrictions and shares his top tips for supporting parents who are at home with their children.
Executive Headteacher of St Wilfrid's, St Thomas of Canterbury and St Joseph's primary schools in Sheffield
Andrew Truby, executive head, pays tribute to the staff in his schools and to teachers everywhere who have stepped up during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- How we’re keeping our students engaged with testing as they return to school or college 26 August 2021
- How the reception baseline assessment will be a fairer progress measure and give teachers more recognition 19 July 2021
- The lead up to results days 19 July 2021
- Engaging local families with the Holiday Activities and Food Programme this summer 15 July 2021
- Unlocking learning recovery through professional development 1 July 2021