Executive headteacher Andrew Truby writes about how teachers and school staff have risen to the challenge of the new national restrictions and shares his top tips for supporting parents who are at home with their children.
Executive Headteacher of St Wilfrid's, St Thomas of Canterbury and St Joseph's primary schools in Sheffield
Andrew Truby, executive head, pays tribute to the staff in his schools and to teachers everywhere who have stepped up during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- Supporting families and communities through the Holiday Activities and Food programme 8 August 2022
- How schools are supporting attendance ahead of the new academic year 18 July 2022
- Ensuring every student has the opportunity to look after their wellbeing 30 June 2022
- Developing a lifelong love of physical activity 27 June 2022
- From Multi Academy Trust sceptic to advocate 15 June 2022