Trust Leader, Matt, and Headteacher, Anna, share how their recovery programme has reduced parents’ concerns, created a welcoming environment for pupils and strengthened their community of schools.
Anna Upton is Headteacher of Chaucer Junior School, part of the Embark Federation, in Derbyshire.
Embark Federation led a Reconnection to Recovery and Resilience programme which focused on the social, emotional and mental health needs of children and staff. Three members of staff reflect on the preparation taken to reopen using the programme which is expected to impact 4 million children.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- Embracing the ABCs of our behaviour policy 19 April 2021
- Digital learning is here to stay 19 April 2021
- Helping primary pupils with their maths skills in a post-pandemic world 1 April 2021
- The Early Career Framework reforms – something to get excited about. 30 March 2021
- Leading through a pandemic: International Women’s Day 5 March 2021