Trust Leader, Matt, and Headteacher, Anna, share how their recovery programme has reduced parents’ concerns, created a welcoming environment for pupils and strengthened their community of schools.
Anna Upton is Headteacher of Chaucer Junior School, part of the Embark Federation, in Derbyshire.
Embark Federation led a Reconnection to Recovery and Resilience programme which focused on the social, emotional and mental health needs of children and staff. Three members of staff reflect on the preparation taken to reopen using the programme which is expected to impact 4 million children.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- A headteacher’s top tips to effectively manage Pupil Premium funding 27 September 2023
- How our school is managing teacher workload 20 September 2023
- A 360 overview of our Pupil Premium Strategy 18 September 2023
- Teaching our students the facts about tax 19 July 2023
- Pupil Premium Strategy: We prioritise understanding our pupils’ key barriers to learning 17 July 2023