Trust Leader, Matt, and Headteacher, Anna, share how their recovery programme has reduced parents’ concerns, created a welcoming environment for pupils and strengthened their community of schools.
Anna Upton is Headteacher of Chaucer Junior School, part of the Embark Federation, in Derbyshire.
Embark Federation led a Reconnection to Recovery and Resilience programme which focused on the social, emotional and mental health needs of children and staff. Three members of staff reflect on the preparation taken to reopen using the programme which is expected to impact 4 million children.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- Supporting families and communities through the Holiday Activities and Food programme 8 August 2022
- How schools are supporting attendance ahead of the new academic year 18 July 2022
- Ensuring every student has the opportunity to look after their wellbeing 30 June 2022
- Developing a lifelong love of physical activity 27 June 2022
- From Multi Academy Trust sceptic to advocate 15 June 2022