Trust Leader, Matt, and Headteacher, Anna, share how their recovery programme has reduced parents’ concerns, created a welcoming environment for pupils and strengthened their community of schools.
Matthew Crawford is Trust Leader at Embark Federation, an Education Charitable Trust of 9 schools in Derbyshire.
Embark Federation led a Reconnection to Recovery and Resilience programme which focused on the social, emotional and mental health needs of children and staff. Three members of staff reflect on the preparation taken to reopen using the programme which is expected to impact 4 million children.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- “I am proud to be among you” – thank you to everyone working in education in 2020 21 December 2020
- A thank you from a governor 21 December 2020
- Providing remote education to vulnerable children 21 December 2020
- Testing in schools – what you need to know 15 December 2020
- How have we tackled staff wellbeing? 19 November 2020