Like all key workers, this year teachers deserve a special thank you. Today, on national Thank a Teacher Day, Natasha and David share what it feels like to be thanked as a teacher.
David Lowbridge-Ellis is the Deputy Headteacher of Barr Beacon School in Walsall.
Barr Beacon School in Walsall have been on a workload journey which has taken them from high staff turnover to hugely improved staff retention.
September 2017 Like many other schools around the country, we at Barr Beacon School found marking in a way that felt thorough and yet was not overly time consuming to be a significant challenge. A year ago, we reduced our …
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- A day in the life of two Year 6 teachers – in school and at home 21 July 2020
- Saying goodbye to my class, virtually 17 July 2020
- Reading Together Day - making up for lost time 16 July 2020
- Inspiring the next generation of teachers 15 July 2020
- Reopening schools: one month on 14 July 2020