Like all key workers, this year teachers deserve a special thank you. Today, on national Thank a Teacher Day, Natasha and David share what it feels like to be thanked as a teacher.
David Lowbridge-Ellis is the Deputy Headteacher of Barr Beacon School in Walsall.
Barr Beacon School in Walsall have been on a workload journey which has taken them from high staff turnover to hugely improved staff retention.
September 2017 Like many other schools around the country, we at Barr Beacon School found marking in a way that felt thorough and yet was not overly time consuming to be a significant challenge. A year ago, we reduced our …
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- How we’re striving to get more girls into computing 11 February 2024
- Inspiring and enabling pupil and learner voice 5 February 2024
- Use the National Tutoring Programme to prepare your pupils for exams 29 January 2024
- Our school’s behaviour strategy 18 January 2024
- Flexible working in our school 14 December 2023