Like all key workers, this year teachers deserve a special thank you. Today, on national Thank a Teacher Day, Natasha and David share what it feels like to be thanked as a teacher.
David Lowbridge-Ellis is the Deputy Headteacher of Barr Beacon School in Walsall.
Barr Beacon School in Walsall have been on a workload journey which has taken them from high staff turnover to hugely improved staff retention.
September 2017 Like many other schools around the country, we at Barr Beacon School found marking in a way that felt thorough and yet was not overly time consuming to be a significant challenge. A year ago, we reduced our …
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- How have we tackled staff wellbeing? 19 November 2020
- ‘Something’s not right’: supporting young people through PSHE 17 November 2020
- From classroom to computer: creating consistency throughout a remote curriculum 15 October 2020
- Wellbeing, CPD and bubbles – how we’re keeping staff safe 14 October 2020
- Physical distance but collaborative endeavour: we all have a part to play 13 October 2020