Like all key workers, this year teachers deserve a special thank you. Today, on national Thank a Teacher Day, Natasha and David share what it feels like to be thanked as a teacher.
David Lowbridge-Ellis is the Deputy Headteacher of Barr Beacon School in Walsall.
Barr Beacon School in Walsall have been on a workload journey which has taken them from high staff turnover to hugely improved staff retention.
September 2017 Like many other schools around the country, we at Barr Beacon School found marking in a way that felt thorough and yet was not overly time consuming to be a significant challenge. A year ago, we reduced our …
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- Looking on the bright side – the positives of teaching in lockdown 20 May 2020
- The power of a thank you 20 May 2020
- Why looking after our mental health has never been more important for teachers 19 May 2020
- The challenges of delivering remote education 19 May 2020
- Leading in uncertain times – managing the COVID-19 response as a headteacher 19 May 2020