Like all key workers, this year teachers deserve a special thank you. Today, on national Thank a Teacher Day, Natasha and David share what it feels like to be thanked as a teacher.
David Lowbridge-Ellis is the Deputy Headteacher of Barr Beacon School in Walsall.
Barr Beacon School in Walsall have been on a workload journey which has taken them from high staff turnover to hugely improved staff retention.
September 2017 Like many other schools around the country, we at Barr Beacon School found marking in a way that felt thorough and yet was not overly time consuming to be a significant challenge. A year ago, we reduced our …
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- Embracing the ABCs of our behaviour policy 19 April 2021
- Digital learning is here to stay 19 April 2021
- Helping primary pupils with their maths skills in a post-pandemic world 1 April 2021
- The Early Career Framework reforms – something to get excited about. 30 March 2021
- Leading through a pandemic: International Women’s Day 5 March 2021