Like all key workers, this year teachers deserve a special thank you. Today, on national Thank a Teacher Day, Natasha and David share what it feels like to be thanked as a teacher.
David Lowbridge-Ellis is the Deputy Headteacher of Barr Beacon School in Walsall.
Barr Beacon School in Walsall have been on a workload journey which has taken them from high staff turnover to hugely improved staff retention.
September 2017 Like many other schools around the country, we at Barr Beacon School found marking in a way that felt thorough and yet was not overly time consuming to be a significant challenge. A year ago, we reduced our …
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- How we’re keeping our students engaged with testing as they return to school or college 26 August 2021
- How the reception baseline assessment will be a fairer progress measure and give teachers more recognition 19 July 2021
- The lead up to results days 19 July 2021
- Engaging local families with the Holiday Activities and Food Programme this summer 15 July 2021
- Unlocking learning recovery through professional development 1 July 2021