Deputy Head Elaine Williams explains how her school have made use of the government-funded National Tutoring Programme to target individual pupil needs, making sure that the children whose learning has been most disrupted by lockdown get the support they need.
Elaine Williams is Deputy Head at St Peter’s C of E Primary School in Farnworth
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- Holiday Activities and Food (HAF): How the successful programme improved the mental health of vulnerable children 8 October 2021
- Our journey with the National Tutoring Programme (NTP) 30 September 2021
- How we’re keeping our students engaged with testing as they return to school or college 26 August 2021
- How the reception baseline assessment will be a fairer progress measure and give teachers more recognition 19 July 2021
- The lead up to results days 19 July 2021