Our staff survey in January 2016 showed us that workload was an issue at our school. Marking was one of the tasks our teachers were spending a large amount of time on, often over 20 hours a week - but …
Janine Ashman is the Deputy Headteacher at St Peter’s Church of England Primary School, part of the Lighthouse Schools Partnership, in Portishead North Somerset.
At St Peter’s Primary school, North Somerset, we have long been looking into ways in which we can try to reduce teacher workload. We began our journey by reading the teacher workload review group paper 'Eliminating unnecessary workload around planning …
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- From classroom to computer: creating consistency throughout a remote curriculum 15 October 2020
- Wellbeing, CPD and bubbles – how we’re keeping staff safe 14 October 2020
- Physical distance but collaborative endeavour: we all have a part to play 13 October 2020
- Navigating staff wellbeing – how we’re supporting each other 9 October 2020
- Why a whole school approach to wellbeing and mental health is key 9 October 2020