Teacher subject specialism training (TSST) is a free programme, available to non-specialist teachers interested in expanding their knowledge and skillset to teach maths, physics or modern foreign languages. It can help increase confidence, subject knowledge and pedagogy.
Tom Collishaw, a specialist physical education (PE) teacher at Wymondham College in Norfolk
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- From classroom to computer: creating consistency throughout a remote curriculum 15 October 2020
- Wellbeing, CPD and bubbles – how we’re keeping staff safe 14 October 2020
- Physical distance but collaborative endeavour: we all have a part to play 13 October 2020
- Navigating staff wellbeing – how we’re supporting each other 9 October 2020
- Why a whole school approach to wellbeing and mental health is key 9 October 2020