Teacher subject specialism training (TSST) is a free programme, available to non-specialist teachers interested in expanding their knowledge and skillset to teach maths, physics or modern foreign languages. It can help increase confidence, subject knowledge and pedagogy.
Tom Collishaw, a specialist physical education (PE) teacher at Wymondham College in Norfolk
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- ‘The P Word’ – Reducing the stigma of periods across our college 22 November 2022
- How does it feel to be an award-winning teacher? 21 November 2022
- Create a flexible tutoring model to maximise the academic impact of tuition 16 November 2022
- Taking a proactive approach to preventing and responding to bullying 14 November 2022
- Supporting pupil’s learning and development through engagement with nature 11 November 2022