There are no shortcuts to accelerate learning recovery for eight million young people. Having an expert teacher in every classroom, well trained and continually improving, led effectively from the top is the best way to make sure that every pupil gets a great education. Which is why the National Professional Qualifications represent an exciting opportunity for teachers and leaders.
Matt Hood is principal of Oak National Academy, is a founder at Ambition Institute and an independent adviser to the Department for Education on teacher and school leader professional development.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- How we’re striving to get more girls into computing 11 February 2024
- Inspiring and enabling pupil and learner voice 5 February 2024
- Use the National Tutoring Programme to prepare your pupils for exams 29 January 2024
- Our school’s behaviour strategy 18 January 2024
- Flexible working in our school 14 December 2023