Shaun Booth, Assistant Headteacher and SENCO joined Pinderfields Hospital PRU in January 2019 after working for 15 years in ‘mainstream’ education. Shaun shares his experience of working with a clinically vulnerable cohort of students.
Shaun Booth is Assistant Headteacher and SENCO at Pinderfields Hospital Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) in Wakefield
Shaun Booth, Assistant Headteacher and SENCO joined Pinderfields Hospital Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) after working for 15 years in ‘mainstream’ education. Shaun shares how he met the additional challenges of providing remote education during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- Holiday Activities and Food (HAF): How the successful programme improved the mental health of vulnerable children 8 October 2021
- Our journey with the National Tutoring Programme (NTP) 30 September 2021
- How we’re keeping our students engaged with testing as they return to school or college 26 August 2021
- How the reception baseline assessment will be a fairer progress measure and give teachers more recognition 19 July 2021
- The lead up to results days 19 July 2021