One of the biggest logistical challenges school leaders faced in preparing to welcome back all students has been how to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 in school. How have schools been tackling it?
It’s that time of year again… teachers across England are starting to welcome their pupils back to school. But with lots of new safety measures in place, this year it feels a bit different. We asked teachers what their first week has been like...
Last week was a very different return from the summer half term, as some schools opened their doors to welcome pupils back. Teachers and parents told us about the nerves, the preparation, the reunions and the smiles - in their small groups and with very clean hands, more children are back in our primary schools and their teachers couldn't be happier to see them.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- ‘The P Word’ – Reducing the stigma of periods across our college 22 November 2022
- How does it feel to be an award-winning teacher? 21 November 2022
- Create a flexible tutoring model to maximise the academic impact of tuition 16 November 2022
- Taking a proactive approach to preventing and responding to bullying 14 November 2022
- Supporting pupil’s learning and development through engagement with nature 11 November 2022