One of the biggest logistical challenges school leaders faced in preparing to welcome back all students has been how to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 in school. How have schools been tackling it?
It’s that time of year again… teachers across England are starting to welcome their pupils back to school. But with lots of new safety measures in place, this year it feels a bit different. We asked teachers what their first week has been like...
Last week was a very different return from the summer half term, as some schools opened their doors to welcome pupils back. Teachers and parents told us about the nerves, the preparation, the reunions and the smiles - in their small groups and with very clean hands, more children are back in our primary schools and their teachers couldn't be happier to see them.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- How our school is managing teacher workload 20 September 2023
- A 360 overview of our Pupil Premium Strategy 18 September 2023
- Teaching our students the facts about tax 19 July 2023
- Pupil Premium Strategy: We prioritise understanding our pupils’ key barriers to learning 17 July 2023
- Thank you, teachers, for all of your hard work and determination! 21 June 2023