We asked winners of this year’s Lifetime Achievement silver Teaching Award which teachers made an impression on them.
This World Teachers’ Day, we asked newly qualified teachers - Kate, Adam, Kirsty and Ashleigh - to share who inspired them to teach and what it is that they love about their job.
One of the biggest logistical challenges school leaders faced in preparing to welcome back all students has been how to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 in school. How have schools been tackling it?
It’s that time of year again… teachers across England are starting to welcome their pupils back to school. But with lots of new safety measures in place, this year it feels a bit different. We asked teachers what their first week has been like...
Last week was a very different return from the summer half term, as some schools opened their doors to welcome pupils back. Teachers and parents told us about the nerves, the preparation, the reunions and the smiles - in their small groups and with very clean hands, more children are back in our primary schools and their teachers couldn't be happier to see them.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- How have we tackled staff wellbeing? 19 November 2020
- ‘Something’s not right’: supporting young people through PSHE 17 November 2020
- From classroom to computer: creating consistency throughout a remote curriculum 15 October 2020
- Wellbeing, CPD and bubbles – how we’re keeping staff safe 14 October 2020
- Physical distance but collaborative endeavour: we all have a part to play 13 October 2020