Shoreham Academy in West Sussex and Bay Leadership Academy in Lancashire share their experiences of leading the setup of rapid COVID-19 testing, which aims to reduce transmission by helping to find cases from those not displaying symptoms, and how it has benefitted their staff and students.
After nearly a year of responding to the COVID-19 outbreak and now coming to the end of a full half-term of remote education, we invited teachers to reflect on what works best for them when teaching remotely.
We asked winners of this year’s Lifetime Achievement silver Teaching Award which teachers made an impression on them.
This World Teachers’ Day, we asked newly qualified teachers - Kate, Adam, Kirsty and Ashleigh - to share who inspired them to teach and what it is that they love about their job.
One of the biggest logistical challenges school leaders faced in preparing to welcome back all students has been how to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 in school. How have schools been tackling it?
It’s that time of year again… teachers across England are starting to welcome their pupils back to school. But with lots of new safety measures in place, this year it feels a bit different. We asked teachers what their first week has been like...
Last week was a very different return from the summer half term, as some schools opened their doors to welcome pupils back. Teachers and parents told us about the nerves, the preparation, the reunions and the smiles - in their small groups and with very clean hands, more children are back in our primary schools and their teachers couldn't be happier to see them.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- ‘Maximum benefit in a straightforward way’: an Early Career Framework induction 1 March 2021
- Why I’d recommend tutoring 24 February 2021
- Keeping staff and students safe with rapid testing 12 February 2021
- Thinking beyond the pandemic in a Special Educational Needs school 12 February 2021
- “The first time he appeared smiling in a live lesson was wonderful” – supporting the most vulnerable children to learn remotely 12 February 2021