It’s that time of year again… teachers across England are starting to welcome their pupils back to school. But with lots of new safety measures in place, this year it feels a bit different. We asked teachers what their first week has been like...
Last week was a very different return from the summer half term, as some schools opened their doors to welcome pupils back. Teachers and parents told us about the nerves, the preparation, the reunions and the smiles - in their small groups and with very clean hands, more children are back in our primary schools and their teachers couldn't be happier to see them.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- Early Career Framework reforms – why we’ve signed up 18 September 2020
- "It is so important that teachers realise how important they are" – celebrating the Teaching Awards 17 September 2020
- Raring to go after local lockdown 11 September 2020
- Back to school – what’s the first week been like? 7 September 2020
- The benefits of edtech: using a combined approach to improve teaching quality 2 September 2020