Amy Wood, Principal of Mossbourne Riverside Academy in East London, shares one example of a student who faced every conceivable barrier to remote education and was at serious risk of falling far behind without the support her academy provided.
Amy Wood is the Principal of Mossbourne Riverside Academy in East London.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- ‘Maximum benefit in a straightforward way’: an Early Career Framework induction 1 March 2021
- Why I’d recommend tutoring 24 February 2021
- Keeping staff and students safe with rapid testing 12 February 2021
- Thinking beyond the pandemic in a Special Educational Needs school 12 February 2021
- “The first time he appeared smiling in a live lesson was wonderful” – supporting the most vulnerable children to learn remotely 12 February 2021