We all remember our first year in teaching. For any new teacher it’s a steep learning curve, and this year’s trainees have also had to face the disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Jon Hutchinson writes about the Early Career Framework and how changes to statutory induction will help new teachers starting this September.
Jon Hutchinson is Assistant Headteacher at Reach Academy Felton.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- How the reception baseline assessment will be a fairer progress measure and give teachers more recognition 19 July 2021
- The lead up to results days 19 July 2021
- How we’re keeping our students engaged with testing until the end of term and through the holidays 16 July 2021
- Engaging local families with the Holiday Activities and Food Programme this summer 15 July 2021
- Unlocking learning recovery through professional development 1 July 2021