To celebrate International Day of Women and Girls in Science, we spoke to Karen Morris, an inspirational computer science teacher, about her career, encouraging more girls to take GCSE Computer Science, and how the National Centre for Computer Education (NCCE) has helped her to feel more confident in her teaching practice.
Karen Morris, a computer science teacher at Stroud High School in Gloucestershire
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- ‘Maximum benefit in a straightforward way’: an Early Career Framework induction 1 March 2021
- Why I’d recommend tutoring 24 February 2021
- Keeping staff and students safe with rapid testing 12 February 2021
- Thinking beyond the pandemic in a Special Educational Needs school 12 February 2021
- “The first time he appeared smiling in a live lesson was wonderful” – supporting the most vulnerable children to learn remotely 12 February 2021