To celebrate International Day of Women and Girls in Science, we spoke to Karen Morris, an inspirational computer science teacher, about her career, encouraging more girls to take GCSE Computer Science, and how the National Centre for Computer Education (NCCE) has helped her to feel more confident in her teaching practice.
Karen Morris, a computer science teacher at Stroud High School in Gloucestershire
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- How we’re striving to get more girls into computing 11 February 2024
- Inspiring and enabling pupil and learner voice 5 February 2024
- Use the National Tutoring Programme to prepare your pupils for exams 29 January 2024
- Our school’s behaviour strategy 18 January 2024
- Flexible working in our school 14 December 2023