To celebrate International Day of Women and Girls in Science, we spoke to Karen Morris, an inspirational computer science teacher, about her career, encouraging more girls to take GCSE Computer Science, and how the National Centre for Computer Education (NCCE) has helped her to feel more confident in her teaching practice.
Karen Morris, a computer science teacher at Stroud High School in Gloucestershire
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- Embracing the ABCs of our behaviour policy 19 April 2021
- The impact of COVID-19 on digital learning 19 April 2021
- Helping primary pupils with their maths skills in a post-pandemic world 1 April 2021
- The Early Career Framework reforms – something to get excited about. 30 March 2021
- Leading through a pandemic: International Women’s Day 5 March 2021