To celebrate International Day of Women and Girls in Science, we spoke to Karen Morris, an inspirational computer science teacher, about her career, encouraging more girls to take GCSE Computer Science, and how the National Centre for Computer Education (NCCE) has helped her to feel more confident in her teaching practice.
Karen Morris, a computer science teacher at Stroud High School in Gloucestershire
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- Supporting families and communities through the Holiday Activities and Food programme 8 August 2022
- How schools are supporting attendance ahead of the new academic year 18 July 2022
- Ensuring every student has the opportunity to look after their wellbeing 30 June 2022
- Developing a lifelong love of physical activity 27 June 2022
- From Multi Academy Trust sceptic to advocate 15 June 2022