Congratulations and welcome to the best job in the world! To help you get off on the right foot, Emma Turner wants to give you some hints, tips, and information to consider before you begin your new adventure with your own students.
Emma Turner currently works part time as Research and CPD Lead for Discovery Schools Academy Trust MAT in Leicestershire.
As many of us work from home during the current coronavirus lockdown, it might be easy to think that this is what constitutes flexible working. But real flexible working is not a reactionary way of planning a working schedule, it is a carefully crafted blend of the demands of work and life.
Emma Turner currently works part time as Research and CPD Lead for Discovery Schools Academy Trust MAT in Leicestershire. An advocate for flexible working, she reflects on what the sector can learn from the lockdown experience.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- Rediscovering teaching: my experience of returning to the classroom 26 January 2022
- Embracing technology in school has changed how we teach 17 January 2022
- How schools are managing attendance effectively 10 December 2021
- Teenagers and testing fatigue, 4 top tips to keep your students testing 8 December 2021
- Becoming an Academic Mentor: making a difference to pupils’ education most impacted by the pandemic 7 December 2021