Congratulations and welcome to the best job in the world! To help you get off on the right foot, Emma Turner wants to give you some hints, tips, and information to consider before you begin your new adventure with your own students.
Emma Turner currently works part time as Research and CPD Lead for Discovery Schools Academy Trust MAT in Leicestershire.
As many of us work from home during the current coronavirus lockdown, it might be easy to think that this is what constitutes flexible working. But real flexible working is not a reactionary way of planning a working schedule, it is a carefully crafted blend of the demands of work and life.
Emma Turner currently works part time as Research and CPD Lead for Discovery Schools Academy Trust MAT in Leicestershire. An advocate for flexible working, she reflects on what the sector can learn from the lockdown experience.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- ‘Maximum benefit in a straightforward way’: an Early Career Framework induction 1 March 2021
- Why I’d recommend tutoring 24 February 2021
- Keeping staff and students safe with rapid testing 12 February 2021
- Thinking beyond the pandemic in a Special Educational Needs school 12 February 2021
- “The first time he appeared smiling in a live lesson was wonderful” – supporting the most vulnerable children to learn remotely 12 February 2021