Congratulations and welcome to the best job in the world! To help you get off on the right foot, Emma Turner wants to give you some hints, tips, and information to consider before you begin your new adventure with your own students.
Emma Turner currently works part time as Research and CPD Lead for Discovery Schools Academy Trust MAT in Leicestershire.
As many of us work from home during the current coronavirus lockdown, it might be easy to think that this is what constitutes flexible working. But real flexible working is not a reactionary way of planning a working schedule, it is a carefully crafted blend of the demands of work and life.
Emma Turner currently works part time as Research and CPD Lead for Discovery Schools Academy Trust MAT in Leicestershire. An advocate for flexible working, she reflects on what the sector can learn from the lockdown experience.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- How have we tackled staff wellbeing? 19 November 2020
- ‘Something’s not right’: supporting young people through PSHE 17 November 2020
- From classroom to computer: creating consistency throughout a remote curriculum 15 October 2020
- Wellbeing, CPD and bubbles – how we’re keeping staff safe 14 October 2020
- Physical distance but collaborative endeavour: we all have a part to play 13 October 2020