Congratulations and welcome to the best job in the world! To help you get off on the right foot, Emma Turner wants to give you some hints, tips, and information to consider before you begin your new adventure with your own students.
Emma Turner currently works part time as Research and CPD Lead for Discovery Schools Academy Trust MAT in Leicestershire.
As many of us work from home during the current coronavirus lockdown, it might be easy to think that this is what constitutes flexible working. But real flexible working is not a reactionary way of planning a working schedule, it is a carefully crafted blend of the demands of work and life.
Emma Turner currently works part time as Research and CPD Lead for Discovery Schools Academy Trust MAT in Leicestershire. An advocate for flexible working, she reflects on what the sector can learn from the lockdown experience.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- Early Career Framework reforms – why we’ve signed up 18 September 2020
- "It is so important that teachers realise how important they are" – celebrating the Teaching Awards 17 September 2020
- Raring to go after local lockdown 11 September 2020
- Back to school – what’s the first week been like? 7 September 2020
- The benefits of edtech: using a combined approach to improve teaching quality 2 September 2020