Sam and Olivia are both Year 6 teachers. They’ve shared a glimpse into what their last few weeks of term have been like in a video diary…
Olivia is a Year 6 teacher at Chesswood Junior School in Worthing, Sussex.
As a teacher who is currently taking extra precautions during COVID-19 - due to a medical condition - Olivia’s end of year has felt very different. Olivia is very proud of how far her pupils have come over the year and has found a different way to say goodbye, virtually!
Since lockdown, year 6 teacher, Olivia Pye has brushed up her computer skills, used her fridge as a whiteboard and got to know her class even better than she did before. She tells us about the positives of teaching from home.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- Supporting families and communities through the Holiday Activities and Food programme 8 August 2022
- How schools are supporting attendance ahead of the new academic year 18 July 2022
- Ensuring every student has the opportunity to look after their wellbeing 30 June 2022
- Developing a lifelong love of physical activity 27 June 2022
- From Multi Academy Trust sceptic to advocate 15 June 2022