Sam and Olivia are both Year 6 teachers. They’ve shared a glimpse into what their last few weeks of term have been like in a video diary…
Olivia is a Year 6 teacher at Chesswood Junior School in Worthing, Sussex.
As a teacher who is currently taking extra precautions during COVID-19 - due to a medical condition - Olivia’s end of year has felt very different. Olivia is very proud of how far her pupils have come over the year and has found a different way to say goodbye, virtually!
Since lockdown, year 6 teacher, Olivia Pye has brushed up her computer skills, used her fridge as a whiteboard and got to know her class even better than she did before. She tells us about the positives of teaching from home.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- A day in the life of two Year 6 teachers – in school and at home 21 July 2020
- Saying goodbye to my class, virtually 17 July 2020
- Reading Together Day - making up for lost time 16 July 2020
- Inspiring the next generation of teachers 15 July 2020
- Reopening schools: one month on 14 July 2020