Sam and Olivia are both Year 6 teachers. They’ve shared a glimpse into what their last few weeks of term have been like in a video diary…
Olivia is a Year 6 teacher at Chesswood Junior School in Worthing, Sussex.
As a teacher who is currently taking extra precautions during COVID-19 - due to a medical condition - Olivia’s end of year has felt very different. Olivia is very proud of how far her pupils have come over the year and has found a different way to say goodbye, virtually!
Since lockdown, year 6 teacher, Olivia Pye has brushed up her computer skills, used her fridge as a whiteboard and got to know her class even better than she did before. She tells us about the positives of teaching from home.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- How we’re striving to get more girls into computing 11 February 2024
- Inspiring and enabling pupil and learner voice 5 February 2024
- Use the National Tutoring Programme to prepare your pupils for exams 29 January 2024
- Our school’s behaviour strategy 18 January 2024
- Flexible working in our school 14 December 2023