Sam and Olivia are both Year 6 teachers. They’ve shared a glimpse into what their last few weeks of term have been like in a video diary…
Olivia is a Year 6 teacher at Chesswood Junior School in Worthing, Sussex.
As a teacher who is currently taking extra precautions during COVID-19 - due to a medical condition - Olivia’s end of year has felt very different. Olivia is very proud of how far her pupils have come over the year and has found a different way to say goodbye, virtually!
Since lockdown, year 6 teacher, Olivia Pye has brushed up her computer skills, used her fridge as a whiteboard and got to know her class even better than she did before. She tells us about the positives of teaching from home.
Related content and links
About the teaching blog
A Department for Education blog for teachers, by teachers.
- How we’re keeping our students engaged with testing as they return to school or college 26 August 2021
- How the reception baseline assessment will be a fairer progress measure and give teachers more recognition 19 July 2021
- The lead up to results days 19 July 2021
- Engaging local families with the Holiday Activities and Food Programme this summer 15 July 2021
- Unlocking learning recovery through professional development 1 July 2021